|Superior Leak Detection, Inc.
|It’s hard to keep water in a pool. Every swimming pool, spa, or
landscape pond is probably going to start leaking at some point in its
useful life. These pesky problems can be more than just an
inconvenience. An unrepaired hole the size of a pencil tip can result
in hundreds of gallons of water lost per day. In addition to the
replacement cost of the water, leaks in your pool will increase
chemical demands, and may lead to more serious structural and
mechanical problems. Fortunately, effective leak location and leak
repair solutions are available.
|Bucket Test Procedure:
1. Bring the pool water to its normal level
2. Fill an empty bucket ( bucket about the size you would use to wash your car)
with pool water to about one inch from the top of bucket.
(By filling the bucket close to the top you are ensuring that air movement over the
surface of the bucket will similar to that of the pool.)
3. Place the bucket on the first step of the pool. (By placing the bucket in the
pool water you are ensuring that the water temperature of each will be similar).
4. Mark the water level inside the bucket.
5. Mark the water level of the pool on the outside of the bucket, on the pool
wall, or skimmer face plate.
6. Operate the pool for 24 hours as it had been operated when a leak was first
7. After 24- 48 hours, compare the two levels. If the pool water (outside mark)
goes down more than the inside water level, there is a leak.
Give us a call and schedule your Leak Detection appointment.